boss lady | font snob | web extraordinaire
I’m a Jesus freak, wife, mom of two, graphic designer, wanna be photographer, coffee addict, apple nerd and frog owner. I’m in love with all things design from interior to graphic. For me, design is not just a passion, or a past time – it’s who I am! I border on the creatively obsessed, but that’s how I was “designed” to be!
Graduated from Stephen F. Austin State University in 2000 with a Bachelor of Fine Arts. Specialized in Computer Arts and Advertising Design. Best $60 grand ever spent – go Jacks! Interned at Tracy Locke (then TLP) Dallas summer of my junior year and knew agency life was for me.
Landed my first job as a junior designer in Dallas three weeks shy of graduation. Learned the ins and outs of magazine design, promotional and recruitment advertising and worked in-house as an art director for a corporation in Fort Worth.
After a transfer back to East Texas, I decided it was time to take what I’d learned and give it a try on my own. I’ve now owned and operated Arnold Graphic Design for almost 10 years and loved every second of it.
Random facts >
• Favorite color: #27bbed (yes, that’s a color)
• Hobbies: I have two kids – they are my hobby.
• Passions – refurbishing old things, interior design, photography
• I babysat my designer when I was 16. Yes I’m that much older than her. Yes this town is that small. Yes my influence that summer is solely responsible for her creative genius.
• Dream Job: Back up dancer for an 80′s one hit wonder band
• Mid Life Crisis Car: Refurbished 1970 Scout
• Inspirations: Design magazines of all kinds – can never have too many.
• Things I will do if the Lord allows: adopt a third child, write a novel, own a coffee shop, missionary in a foreign country
• What makes me who I am: the love of my family, generations of artistic genes, a mad love for the Lord, and a passion to be the best at what I’ve been called to do.
designer | eagle eye | master of print
First and foremost, I thank the Lord for blessing me with all that he has. I’m a wife to my hunka hunka burnin’ love and a mama to one with a sweet little bundle on the way! I’m a typography junkie, graphic design nerd, photographer, team roper, pro air guitar player and dog lover. I know that I wouldn’t have any of this though if the good Lord wouldn’t have programmed me this way. I only know how to think with the right side of my brain and love looking at the world through creative eyes!
I am a 2006 graduate of Stephen F. Austin State University and Bachelors of Fine Arts proudly hangs on my wall. Specializing in Art Education with an emphasis in Ceramics, I soon found that my heart truly laid in graphic design.
Random Facts >
• I secretly wish I had freckles.
• I keep an art journal as a creative outlet, it’s like a diary on steroids.
• When I was little I wanted to be a ballerina – and then a bull fighter…
• The only instrument I can play is the trombone. I keep trying to convice Wendy somehow we should start a band…yes, with a trombone in it.
• I’ve always wanted a pet giraffe, or monkey, or zebra…
• I am extrememly uncoordinated and it shows – especially when i try to dance.
• Inspirations: Photography & travel
• Items on my bucket list:
- Visit New York, Italy, Spain & Fiji
- Go to a major league baseball game
- Go to an airport & buy a ticket to a random location I’ve never been
- Start my own non-profit organization
• And yes, Wendy was the world’s greatest babysitter. Yes she is that much older than me. Yes we will let her believe she was solely responsible for my mad creative skills!